Friday, July 2, 2010

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner...

I WON, I Can't Believe It!

I entered into a contest on Flower Patch Farm Girl's blog, which by the way is amazing...great read, and I won!! I am super excited because she was giving away two books, that I am dying to read!

My husband and I have spent countless hours discussing chickens and the idea of raising them. We are now currently in the process of designing and building our chicken coop, the birds are on hold with a farmer down the road! I am looking forward to this new adventure, but I have to admit that I probably have rose colored glasses on...: ) Ignorance is bliss right?

We also have spent a ton of time talking about ways to extend our budget and live simply. One of the proposed ideas was canning. My mom canned when I was growing up, but I have to admit that I didn't really have any interest in learning the process, until now! I would love to learn how to preserve the amazing local fruit that grows abundantly!

I am so excited!!! I have two of my Summer reads now! : ) Thank you so much Flower Patch Farm Girl!!! I love your blog, and it is an honor to win!

4 comments:

A Room For Everyone said...

Hi Emily, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. The books you've won look fantastic, congratulations! I love the background you've used too..Rachaelxx

A Lasting First Impression said...

Rachael,
Thank you for your comment. I always love to hear from the authors of the blogs I follow. I love your blog, and am glad I stumbled across it! Thanks, I am so excited about the books, should be fun to read! I love fall...all things fall, thus the background... : )
Happy Fourth!

Shannan Martin said...

Come on, you're making me blush! I'll have your books in the mail by the end of this week. Can't wait to hear what you think!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Hehe...your funny! Hurray, I am so excited! Thanks again!