Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blue Jar Update

I would like to introduce you to the newest members of my china collection!

I just couldn't stand it, I had to hunt down my own blue Ball mason jars! I had talked with one of the ladies who runs the community store, she couldn't find the jar I had dropped off, so my search began with ebay. I know that may seem like a cop-out, but time seemed to be of the utmost of importance! Here they are, I feel I got a great price. I looked in a store yesterday and they were selling the same jar for 16.00 and the other for 23.00...I payed 5.00!

Hurray for me!


First Lady in Blue




Second Lady in Blue

I am already in love! Stay tuned for a table filled with pretty pretties, and great dish display!

Oh, and side note...the community cupboard called a day later, they found my original jar...hehe, so now I have three! Life is just too good to be true!



7 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Emily,
I was so inspired by my dinner with Jeanne the other day that I copied her and ran out and got two blue mason jars just like yours. What a beautiful way to display flowers, pens, or buttons or anything. I just love mine too:)

A Lasting First Impression said...

That is awsome! I love getting inspiration from friends! Her kitchen was beautiful, and so was that meal! Where are you jars...have you found a happy place for them in your lovely home? Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Shannan Martin said...

What a steal!! My friend used those blue jars for flowers at her wedding and they were gorgeous!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Flower Patch Farmgirl-Yes, I think clustered they are just beautiful. Your pictures of that wedding was one of my inspiration blogs... : 0 I got my books last night! Thank you so much. Both hubby and I spent the evening pouring over them. What fun resources they will be! : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my house!!!I am going to mosey on through your blog and enjoy it....see ya!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ps. I have no idea how you made your page here so beautiful..but fall is my favorite season. The Maple leafs remind me of a childrens book I read to the kids when they were small about a leaf who was afraid to "jump" off the tree before winter...a good memory.

A Lasting First Impression said...

Cranberry Cottage-Thanks for stopping by. Nice to have visitors and I love the comments, thank you! My page is one of the new blogger templates. I love it! I am soooo a fall girl, my house is decorated in fall colors, my birthday is in the fall, I met my husband in the fall, and I am very sure that the fall season is best and most beautiful by far!