Monday, July 5, 2010

Goodbyes...


Last night, at the end of a very long work weekend...I will explain later, we got a call from my uncle. My Grandma was admitted to the hospital. She has stopped eating, and has been having abdominal pain. She underwent a full CT-scan last night, and the doctors found that her entire abdominal area is full of cancer. They were able to make her comfortable, but now it is a wait and see game. She has been in the process of saying her goodbyes, sad, but such a gift.

Today it is my turn. I have to go and say goodbye to my last living grandparent. I am deeply saddened to see the end of her amazing life. I am praying for two things, strength for our family, my Dad especially, and for my Grandma to go quick. I don't want her to suffer with cancer. I love her, but know she will be in a better place once she lets go! So pray for strength, today is going to be a long day!
Sorry, NO Monday Facial post this week, to be continued next week....


3 comments:

24 Corners said...

So sorry Em...praying for you all. Love you!

Shannan Martin said...

So sorry for you and your family. I'm praying that your time together will be meaningful and precious. Prayers!!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Thank you so much Flower Patch Farmgirl, I appreciate all the prayers. Our time together was great, thank you to my husband for that gift without children! I had to go back home, so now my thoughts and prayers are with my Dad, as he spends his last few days with his mom!