Friday, July 16, 2010

Feeling A Little Blue

Today I am feeling a little blue, my Grandma went to heaven yesterday morning! So in honor of her, "The Canning Queen", I am doing this post!
Recently, when I was helping pack my mom's cupboards, I was offered a vintage blue Ball mason jar. My house is mostly in fall colors, so lacking vision on where I could use the jar, I passed it up! It was given to the community cupboard, and I came home. Since then, I have been bombarded with these blue beauties! Everywhere I turn, someone is using them in their home, garden, etc. I have viewed about 20 blogs in the last two weeks that have included these blue mason jars. So now I am thinking..."oh great, I passed up a decorating must, how silly am I..."


These are my beautiful blue and green dishes! Love them!!!

I actually have a really great use for the jar...in hind sight! I have spent the last ten years collecting dishes that are blue and green. The Ball blue mason jars would be perfect center pieces for a fun summer table! So, I ate humble pie and called the store to see if they by chance still had the jar, and asked if I could buy it back. I am waiting for a call back. If not I guess I am embarking on a collectors hunt for more jars!



Here's to you "Canning Queen," you will be missed! Someday, I WILL have a little blue tribute to you in my house!

Photos: Christmasnotebook, forbiddenfruitsmoothie, flowkery, ebay.



5 comments:

24 Corners said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Grandma...I hope you get the jar back!
Those blues and greens will look just fine with all your autumn colors...think of blue skies on a crisp fall day and all the deciduous trees that keep their green on during that time too.

Love you,
J

The Strongs said...

Now I want a blue jar! I have greens and reds in my house too. Those jars would be so great on a patio table in the summer though. Hope you had a blessed weekend with your family.

A Lasting First Impression said...

Yes! They are beautiful, I am disappointed that I turned up my nose at it. I guess I learned the hard way! : )

Ann said...

I loved reading this... what a lovely memory of your grandmother - I hope you can get it back! A x

A Lasting First Impression said...

I did, I did, I did!!!!! I got a call today from the community store...they found it and have set it to the side for me. I am very sorry that I am taking this beautiful jar away from the community, but I feel its home is on my table! Thanks for the comment Ann, happy Monday!