Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Juggling...


As women it always amazes me how many balls we attempt to keep up in the air. If you are a mom, then those balls double, triple, quadruple...depending on how many extra bodies you are keeping track of!

Today I am feeling overwhelmed by how many balls I am trying to keep in the air. I love being a wife and mom and consider that to be my most important job. However I am also trying to run two businesses successfully, keep my house clean and organized, my fridge full and tummies fed, laundry washed, folded, and put away, van cleaned, family who like to hear from me more than once a week, church, family time, pre-school volunteer responsibilities, friends who are beginning to think I fell off the earth, and oh yeah...my blog.


I love each different roll in my life, I just wish I was doing them all efficiently, with grace and style, and treating each like it was my only job in the world! So today I am making a plan! I am going to step back and really look at my responsibilities! I want to break my week down with each responsibility and assign each a day. That may sound too structured and lacking in spontaneity, but I know for myself, that I will enjoy my life WAY more if my days have purpose and structure! For example if I get my bathrooms and floors cleaned on Saturday or Sunday, then I don't need to think about that later in my week. Check! Or if I spend and hour each day either working on my Sensaria or wreath business then I can enjoy playtime with my boys knowing I accomplished work earlier! Check! Or if I choose to do one or two loads of laundry a day rather than letting it build-up I may not end up with a literal mountain of laundry each week! Check!


I like this idea of simplifying my life with a plan and a list, I feel the weight of my responsibilities becoming lighter already! My friend Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia is doing a series on organizing and de-cluttering your home. She has some great tips and systems for keeping her big, busy family running smoothly. I would recommend visiting her blog and reading up on the last six days of tips! I am off to make my list and calendar, and my junk drawer is calling too!


Have a great Wednesday, and I hope you take a moment to simplify and decide what is really important to you!



Image: Unknown


3 comments:

24 Corners said...

I'm completely inspired!!! Time to make a list...an organized one!

You can do it Em...I know you can! xo J~

A Lasting First Impression said...

Me too, I was amazed how much I got done yesterday, adn with a plan I don't feel like it is all hanging over my head! Today to a much better day! : )

Nikki said...

At least you understand that we ALL have many balls in the air...one of those over and over is grace for friends who "fall off the earth." Thanks for extending that grace to me lately! :) Love you Em!