Thursday, September 23, 2010

Favorite Fall Transitions-Linky!


As we all have entered into this Fall season, I have so enjoyed every Fall sneak peek into their homes. The Nester is one of the blogs I visit regularly and this last week she posted on 10 ways to decorate for Fall. This post included simple ways of bringing the elements of Fall into your home. What I liked most about her ideas is how well they would transition into the upcoming seasons and holidays! I love this transitional idea, often I get so excited about the next season or holiday that I don't fully enjoy what is happening around me right now.

This got me thinking how fun it would be to have everyone post together about some of their favorite ways to decorate for Fall, which can transition into the October & November holidays! What do you think, want to join together with me on a Fall Transitional Link Party?

I will get us started! Here are some of my favorite transitional ideas:

Natural elements...Twigs, florals, grains, ect. Every year around this time my mom would always have my Dad out in the bushes and twigs surrounding their home. He was collecting rose hips, corkscrew willow branches, and pulling out pussy willows from the previous Spring. These are great natural elements that can transition into the upcoming months, and be used in so many creative and festive ways!




Nuts and Pine cones...stack them, pile them, surround other items with them...great colors and textures!




Seasonal dishes can add a pop of color and easily transition through the holidays...brown, red, silver and gold can grace your home all the way through December!





Loving the white, green, and yellow gourds and pumpkins this year. Don't get me wrong I love the good old orange pumpkins, but I feel of the other colors will transition into November, saving me time and money!

And, of course leaves can be used in so many different ways; in jars and canisters, mantles, wreaths, piles on porches or in empty flower pots, etc. A great Fall look can be achieved here without a lot of expense!








Okay, so those are just a few of MY favorites, what about you? How do you transition your Fall decor into the the upcoming months and holidays? Link up YOUR ideas on making the most of fall decor! Can't wait to see what you come up with!



Photos: Book Serving K. City, Martha Stewart, Katie Brown, House Beautiful, & Weeds and Seeds

Enter your link here, remember to link your post, not your homepage!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Emily. Love your fall suggestions. I couldn't remember any posts I had with Fall stuff...so I remembered one painting I did. Hope that's okay. I change it out every year just for fall. Happy weekend girlie.

24 Corners said...

Your photos are wonderful...the Fall Queen strikes again!
Wish I had a Fall transition happening to share...being *in* transition is getting in the way of all that fun stuff! :(

Congrats on your first Linky!
xo J~

24 Corners said...

I went for it Em! Minamally...but it's something You inspired me to try! xo J~