Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love in small packages!


I have always had a love for sweet, little, black, of any nation, babies!
I love their eyes, their curly hair, their sweet rounded bellies, their chubby little hands, and the innocence they exude in every moment!

There was a time when I was a sophomore in college, that I became very sick. The doctors ran every test known to man, and slowly began eliminating theories and problems. At one point there was talk about having to do a whole hysterectomy. This idea made me sad and heartbroken, knowing that at 21 I could loose the opportunity to ever bare my own children. My then very new boyfriend, later to become my darling husband, reassured me that although this news was sad that we would handle this together and that adoption would be another way of creating a family. This love in sickness and health, his steady grasp on reality, and willingness to stick by even a possibly damaged me was the seal on an already great relationship. I had never loved another before and knew I would never love another after...this was the dude for me!

I am so thankful he did stick by me! I didn't end up having the procedure, but the fact that G-man loved me no matter what, and was willing to create a family unconventionally was such an amazing gift to me during a really horrible time in my life. And although we were able to conceive our own children, the seed of adoption, loving another's child like it was my own, and giving love and hope to a child has never left my heart. Maybe someday we will extend our family, today we are loving and enjoying each moment with the two boys God has already given us!

This being said, I always am wishing I could help any child who is in need! In need of love, care, nutrition, clothes, shelter, etc. My heartstrings pull every time I hear of or see a need. I wish I could adopt them all, feed them all, cloth them all, and wrap my arms around each one with unconditional love. However, I am just one, and the need is SO great! I am always looking for a way that our family can make a difference, today I found just one small avenue. Tarah at Between You and Me posted an amazing blog today. It won't solve all the problems for these sweet children, but it will make a difference in their quality of life. I am excited to help, and wanted to share that excitement and this need with you.

So, Check out this post! I hope you will decide to help too. If you would like to pass along this information to your friends and family, create a link or share Tarah's post on your blog. By joining together we can make a positive impact on these children's lives!

Tarah's link one more time!



Photo: Three Angels's Children Relief-Haiti


2 comments:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I'm with you on this one! I always wanted to adopt if I couldn't have one of my own! I 'm so glad you didn't have to have the surgery in your early 20's! On my way to check on the post!
XO
Kristin

Between You and Me said...

thanks for spreading the love......
will be praying for you about adding a baby to your mix......

our little girl from China has added a richness to our family that we would never experience without her!!! :) {no pressure though} :)