Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall is Best!



I LOVE FALL!

So I thought I would share the "why" with you!!! Let me count the reasons...


One of the many candles that burn in my house this time of the year, also LOVE Macintosh apple!

1. The smells of fall; crisp air, rain, spice, fresh fruit from the trees, turkey in the oven, apple pie...etc!

Johan and his Daddy picking pear from one of our favorite orchards!

2. The colors...the brightest and best reds, yellows, oranges, browns, and greens! Love them so much I used them as my June wedding colors.

3. So many birthdays...I was born in October, and we all know that was a blessing, hehe! Other birthdays...my sister, my nephew, and two brother in-laws.

4. I met my husband in the Fall!

5. Back to school; new school supplies, new friends, and the prospects of another year of possible excellence!

6. Sunflowers

7. Walks in the crisp fall air/crunchy leaves underfoot


Every year I pick up the first few fall leaves I find! My boys now are part of this tradition, we have quite the collection!


8. A Drive, a walk, a climb to enjoy the fall leaves, some of the better viewing is high up in the mountains!

9. Fall cooking with a lovely glass of wine, the recipes of Fall are some of my favorites!

10. Another excuse to use, display, wear, and flaunt the color RED!

11. The feeling of a soft, warm scarf wrapped around my neck.

12. Fresh pressed apple cider.

13. The hunt for the perfect pumpkin

Erik on his second pumpkin hunt!

14. Warm apple fritters and a hot latte after the pumpkin is found


Sometimes it is a dirty job!
15. When weather is cold enough to start having fires again!

16. Decorating my house with all things Fall!


The wreath on my front door this year!




17. Corn on the cob with lemon herb butter

18. My sweater collection

19. Our family picture that we take every fall!

20. The quiet, cozy, and calm of all the Fall evenings!

A little fall sparkle

To name a few....

I hope you enjoy this Fall as much as I know I will!




Photos: Seattle Times/NWSource, Moon Blog, All Rights Reserved-A Lasting Frist Impression







6 comments:

Lana at Quite Essential said...

Love fall but I still want summer!!! Love the pics:)

A Lasting First Impression said...

Lana, I understand about wanting Summer. The rain has been a total bummer. Thanks, the pics are a nice blend of some old...some new!

24 Corners said...

You are the Fall Queen!!! What a wonderful post! I loved your list and I loved the pics of the boys getting their pumpkins, lets try to do that again this year...that was a fun day - btw: I also love the last picture (wink-wink).

Bring on Autumn!!! xo J~

A Lasting First Impression said...

Fall Queen, I like that! Do I get a crown with that title? I would like that even more! Yes, lets plan the pumpkin patch trip, coffee is a must though, and dinner afterwards??? Love the candle holder, thank you again!
Hugs,
M

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I had to come find your post on your door :) I love the black with the wreath, it's so pretty! Enjoy your week!
XO

A Lasting First Impression said...

Kristin,
Nice to have you visit. Thank you for the compliment. Labor of love! : )