Monday, June 14, 2010

A Splash of Color In A Lot of Grey!


It is well known that this has been one of the rainiest Springs we have seen in Seattle in a very long time. We have been greeted with grey clouds almost every morning, which bring lots of rain and wind. The sun makes a glorious appearance every now and then, and we all experience a little rejuvenation of the spirit!
This weekend I was thankful for a rejuvenation of a different kind! I drove the I405 corridor several times this weekend, normally a sea of concrete and cars....more grey. However this weekend I was surprised by a sea of happy red poppies! I was so encouraged and blessed by this simple splash of color! Thank you to the person with the WADOT who suggested that wild flowers be planted next to the freeway! My weekend was made better by this lovely gesture! Wishing you a splash of happy color this week!

2 comments:

24 Corners said...

Awwwe, I love seeing colorful flowers along the freeway...makes such a difference! I know Scotch Broom isn't very popular but I love seeing all that bright yellow along the freeway, makes the drive happier! Cute post!!! xxoo

A Lasting First Impression said...

Thanks 24 Corners...
I couldn't believe how great it made me feel to see happy red flowers! I agree that the yellow is cheery, but I am soooo alergic to Scotch Broom! UUGH...
Have a great week!