Thursday, June 24, 2010

Brothers, Beaches, and Fans!


I have two boys who I am, with their Daddy, trying to raise as respectful, loving, kind, Godly, and generous little men. Johan is 4 and Erik is almost 3, and some days are easier than others. We literally don't stop moving from the moment we wake up, until we lay their sweet little heads on their pillows. I am so thankful for all the joy, and energy they bring into my life, and for those moments when all my diligence and consistency gleams in one amazing moment! Tonight, I was given one of those moments.



Each night before our boys go to bed we move through a routine...P.J's, stories, brushing & flushing, prayers, and either a Bible story or an adventure with Daddy. Tonight I was on my own for the routine, and so I decided to have both boys pray together. I asked them what they were thankful for; Erik...the fan in the window, Johan...the special time we had at the beach today with friends. I was about to launch into our prayers when Johan asked me if he could do the praying. I was speechless, and so blessed by his sweet spirit. He went ahead and prayed the most sincere, articulate, loving prayer where he covered; our day, both his and Erik's thankfuls, asked for good dreams, and then thanked Jesus for "the best little brother he could have...!" We ended our evening with big hugs and kisses, and he told his little brother that he loved him the "mostest"!
I tell you, I was so blessed by this sweet little four year old. I love that he is beginning to have a relationship with Jesus, and that he loves his brother! I couldn't be prouder of him!


mark weiss-this old house

3 comments:

The Strongs said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing Emily.

24 Corners said...

Awe...so sweet! Loves and hugs to both from aunty you know who! xoxo

A Lasting First Impression said...

Thanks Strongs-as a mom of boys you know how sweet those moments are... : )

24 Corners-Thanks, they love you too!