Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peacocks and Succulents!

A while back I posted on how much I love and admire doors and door knobs. I love the stories behind doors, the variety of materials, how a door can be uniquely yours with a few minor changes, and most of all I love the idea that a door can make an impression about you to all who view it!



Unique Fall Inspiration Wreaths


During the winter, I have a business making custom holiday wreaths. I have always loved wreaths and their power to transform an ordinary door into a festive, glamorous, and welcoming site during the holidays. I love that wreaths can transition from the colors and textures of fall, into the the smells and sparkle of the winter holidays! Wreath and doors go hand in hand...love it!


Winter-Alaskan Wild

As much as I love a fresh evergreen wreath, I have recently decided that I would like to try my hand at another type of wreath. Not many people are looking for sparkle, ribbons, and ornaments in May, June, and July! I picked up the latest special addition of Better Homes and Gardens, Outdoor Rooms. The cover grabbed my attention with a beautiful outdoor entertaining space...it was love at first sight. But that is a blog for another day. In the middle of the magazine, was the most beautiful succulent wreath I have ever seen! I have always thought succulent plants were amazingly curious, and love their variety. I had a misperception of succulents, that they were temperamental and delicate. However, the article contradicts this perception. Of course they make the process look so simple, fool proof, and results in a low maintenance, lush, unique living wreath!

My new challenge!
The above wreath isn't from BHG, but it is close!

This is my kind of project, and I am up to the challenge. I will keep you posted on my progress. If all goes well, I would love to add living wreaths to my business. We will see! Wish me luck!



Photos: Knob & Alaskan Wild-www.premiumwreathdesign.vpweb.com, peacock wreath-Lori-Ann, berry-countryhome, citrus-countryhome, living succulent wreath-Dhast, succulent wreath-topiary artworks.

6 comments:

24 Corners said...

Love the succulent wreath (very cool) and I love your signature! xo J~

A Lasting First Impression said...

24 Corners-Thanks, isn't the one with the silver background amazing!!! I can't wait to try this! I love my signature too! : )

Sami Jo said...

Emily, Thanks for stopping by herHousehold ~ So love seeing new faces! Praying that you are having a peaceful week. Love your wreaths, they are beautiful.

The Lady of the House

A Lasting First Impression said...

Lady of the House-Thank you for your comment on the wreaths! I love your blog, it did take a while to find it...I saw your comment on another page and loved what you said, had to see more! : ) SO far...the week is going great, thank you again for the encouragement!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Loved the one with peacock feathers. So unusual:)

A Lasting First Impression said...

Farmgirl Paints-Thank you. I love it too, purple is such a great color for fall...alittle different! : )