Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Facial Monday!

Most people don't look forward to Mondays! Mondays mark the end of the weekend, another week of work, stress, time away from family, etc. But I believe that Mondays can be a day to look forward to, even if you have to work. It is all in your mentality.

For example, I have two pre-school aged boys and life, especially over the weekends, can be crazy. Often I don't get all the house work done, extra laundry is created with all our play, piles are created because Mommy is too tired to pick-up, and "me" time is so limited! So, because I am a stay at home mom, I use Mondays to catch-up. Laundry gets tackled, bills paid, errands run, and best of all, I do something nice for myself. I know that not everyone has the luxury of staying at home and a catch-up day isn't always an option, but EVERYONE has time to do something nice for themselves that will make a difference in their otherwise stressful week! We all have something we love, something simple, that would create joy in our life. It is my hope that you will bring that "something" into Monday!

I love facials, and Monday is facial day!!! I love the feeling of a clean face, and I love doing something simple that makes the rest of my week so much better! I would love to go to the spa every week, but that isn't practical. So I have learned how to re-create the spa rituals in my own home every week, and I look forward to it!!! Taking care of your skin is so important, and it CAN be pampering!

There are six easy steps to a new, shiny, and happier you! But, lets begin with the easiest and most foundational step, CLEASING! Try for a week cleansing both morning and night, and see what a difference it makes not only for your skin but also your mood and outlook on life! Don't believe that washing your face will make a difference in your mood? Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed or going through a crisis your skin breaks out? That is because your skin is the outward sign of what is going on inside your body, and it will show your stress! By washing and taking care of your face with a high quality cleanser, designed for your skin type, you can literally wash the stress away! I bet you are wondering what your skin type is and how to choose a cleanser that is right for you...
Normal/Combo: Oily T-zone by noon, visible pores in T-zone, Drier on cheeks...
Sensitive: Easily irritated, reddens easily, ranges from dry to oily...
Dry: Dry, tight feeling skin, no visible pores, fine lines and wrinkles...
Oily: Oily shine by noon, larger pores, blemishes...
It is really important to use a cleanser that is formulated for your skin type, so take your time making this decision! You can actually make your skin look and feel worse by using the wrong products!

Okay, Happy Monday! I hope you join me for "Facial Mondays." I will continue on Mondays to talk about skincare. I know you will see and feel a difference this week! If facials aren't for you, that is okay, but I encourage you to find something to incorporate into Monday for a little pampering! You deserve it!


This is what can happen if you don't take care of your skin! : )

www.mysensaria.com/allnatural

No comments: