Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coffee in the Rain!

There has been a song running through my brain all afternoon maybe you know it. " Do you like pina coladas, do you like dancing in the rain..." Although I like this song, I changed the words, and I think my version is a better fit for our rainy Seattle weather! " Do you like little cozy corners, do you like coffee in the rain..."
I have always been a fan of cozy spots, the rain, and coffee!!! I love having a place just my own to curl up and read, drink a cup of coffee, take a nap, or watch the beauty around me! When I was growing up, my parents had a window bench over a very cozy heater. I spent many hours all snuggled up on that bench! Now in every home I have had since getting married, I try to re-create that cozy spot...sometimes I have several places in my home I enjoy!
My latest cozy spot is on my front porch. My mom gave me a brown bench that she no longer had room for...it fit perfectly in an unused corner. I have added two great pillows that I scored on, a throw for extra coziness, some pretty potted flowers, and I am set for some quiet time! The spot still needs a little something on the wall behind it, but I would say that it still feels so cozy and I am really loving it!
Seattle has had a lot of rain recently! I love the rain, it is so peaceful and refreshing, some of my happiest memories involve rain. I was able to enjoy an amazing storm the other day, I will share some pics of my rainy view from my newest spot!

I hope you enjoy an afternoon cup of coffee, some quiet time, and the view from your cozy spot!

4 comments:

24 Corners said...

I bet there are two little tow-heads that would probably love to put on their cozy pants and sit in that cozy spot too! How nice to have a spot like this on your porch...can't wait to check it out! And I refuse to have that song stuck in my head...especially right before bed! ;)

A Lasting First Impression said...

Yes, they think it is wonderful. The eldest tow-head actually giggles when he sits down. They think it is wonderful for taking off their shoes. Now if I can only get them to put their shoes back into the basket when discarded! : )
The song is fab...you have to agree! : )

The Strongs said...

Love it! Where did you find the pillows? They are perfect for the bench.

A Lasting First Impression said...

The Strongs-Costco....I love them too! How did the man cave turn out? I can't wait to see it! See you next week!