Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Facial Monday!

Guess what, it is Monday again!!! I am hoping you had a great week cleansing, and you were able to see your stress literally wash away! I love starting my morning by washing my face, my cleanser smells soooo good and my skin feels invigorated!

Moving forward, step two on your way to a new, shiny, and happier you, exfoliation! This is such an important step. Cleansing is the most foundational step, but exfoliation to crucial to the new, and shiny... Most people will skip right over this step because it is just one more product to purchase and one more step added to their routine. However, this isn't a step to skip. As you age your natural exfoliation process slows down. This means that those dead skin cells are just sitting on your face absorbing the skins much needed moisture, and causing your skin to look dull/grey. So, by regularly removing those dead skin cells, you are improving the appearance of your skin, the tone and texture, helping to maintain your skins moisture, and stimulating the cells to begin the regeneration process!!! BOTTOM LINE, YOU LOOK YOUNGER!! So important!!! You can exfoliate twice a week, oh shoot...I guess you will just have to add another facial day to your week! Remember to cleanse before you exfoliate!

Something important to remember about exfoliation: lite pressure! There is no reason you need to scrub off your face. A good exfoliator will remove the dead skin cells without much effort on your part. Also look for fine buffing crystals, no reason for really big chunks. If you have very sensitive skin you may want to consider an enzyme exfoliator. This will allow you to exfoliate the dead skin cells without scrubbing your face.

Have fun buffing this week, and enjoy the time you have set aside for yourself!

Your skin without exfoliation...

www.mysensaria.com/allnatural

4 comments:

mama cilley said...

I certainly don't want my face to look like an elephant butt!!! Maybe Tuesday will have to be facial day this week!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Haha, isn't that the truth! I pretty sure that would be the worst! Thanks for becomming a follower! Hope you have a great week, miss you already!

24 Corners said...

That's an elephant hiney!!! So funny!

Ann said...

What a lovely new blog you have... I love your thoughts on First Impressions and giving my skin a little love would be no bad thing - no comment on the parallels between the elephant's backside and my face thanks!! Seattle sounds as wet (or wetter) than Auckland. I struggle with the rain here - today it is tipping down so hard I almost feel I can't remember the sun. Ridiculous I know... I'l be turning to you for a little bit of summer please!! A x