Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh the pain...


Okay, so I know what I said in my last post...but like everyone else, I do have a few things that I plan on changing around here...other than listening to the silence!

I know that just about everyone has added, plans on continuing, or is tweaking an exercise routine this year. I am right along with y'all. Now that I have had two babies, 20 months apart, and succeeded getting through the baby/toddler years with my sanity, I need to focus on my bod...!!!

I am pretty sure that when I got married I had a hot, little, sexy body, and I intend to get some or all of that back! So this year I am making the commitment, this is a first for me, and I am actually excited to feel better about the way I look!

So, here is the nitty gritty...

The goal: is too loose 50 lbs! Crazy to see that number on paper, but the truth hurts! My plan: here is a little background info you need to know...This little adventure of mine began last year when another mom from pre-school invited me to join her in Jazzercise. I actually laughed in her face...rude hu? But my only exposure to Jazzercise was the typical 80's video, complete with leg warmers and a NOT attractive leotard, also a professor of mine who was crazy about her Jazzercise class and totally fit right into the previous description!!! In hind sight I am sorry I laughed at her, but seriously, I didn't think this was for me. However, I have had a whole year to think about this, gained a few more pounds, and now I am ready to re-consider! On January 2nd, I made the commitment to my Jazzercise friend that I would be joining her this week!

After she left my house the panic started to sink in!!! What was I getting myself into, could I even keep up with these ladies, one look at the online video...and the answer was NO, and oh yeah...what was I going to wear??? After an evening of hyperventilating...I got up the next morning and marched myself into TJ Maxx. I am not fully sure what I am getting into, I may not be able to keep up, but I CAN CONTROL HOW I WILL LOOK!!!

Anyone ever try on a bathing suit in a too small dressing room, with bad light, a glaring white bod, and a little too much extra...in places that well, let be honest, shouldn't be shown??? This is exactly how I thought this experience of finding work-out wear was going to be like. However, I was pleasantly surprised! I found 2 pant options and about 10 tops, confidently entered the dressing room, and after a lot of squeezing, smooshing, wiggling, and jazzercise practicing, I walked out with two tops and a pair of pants that not only did I feel good in, but fit my budget too! Hurray for me, at least I will look cute while I kill myself!

Yesterday I went and signed up, bought a pad for who knows what, and quickly figured out the routine. I stayed and watched/sorta practiced some of the moves, then left feeling even more nervous that I may not be able to keep up. I was a cheerleader & have done tae bo for years, but after not using any elaborate coordination for years I was slightly concerned I may fall on my face. Check out http://www.jazzercise.com/ ... to get a look for yourself! No fuzzy leg warmers, just a whole lot of fast booty shaking!

Today was the big day...After a couple cups of coffee, one slice of cheese...too nervous to eat, a few trips to the bathroom, and a pre-school drop off I marched into the unknown. Oh my word...I was so right. You totally know were this is going, don't you? This workout is like none other I have ever experienced, this is totally going to kill me! Within the first five min...the warm up, I was already completely out of breath and dripping with sweat! We moved constantly for 60 min. I did find out what the pad was for...a crazy hard leg and ab workout on the floor, that produced pain much like childbirth. Fun, hu? The other mom, she is the instructor...did I mention that, she can move! I seriously have so much more respect for her, she literally works her hiney off everyday, and she totally worked mine off today! I know this is going to be worth all the pain, and I am excited to have a cute bod again, but today...exactly 5 hours after I embarked on my first serious workout, I am hurting soooo bad! Every part of my body hurts!

I am off to take a much needed shower, take a few more advil, and prepare myself for tomorrow! I will keep you posted on this journey, but seriously take a look at the video!

I hope you all are doing well in your resolutions, we have almost completed a week! hurray for us!


1 comment:

24 Corners said...

WAY-TO-GO!!! But you MUST wear the legwarmers...they will help you tremendously and bring you to your goal in half the time, really!!! ;)