Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Buzzing, Wizzing, Chopping, and Mixing


I Have Been Busy In The Kitchen...

I received a food processor as a Christmas present, and I AM IN LOVE! My time in the kitchen has never been so easy, and so fun! You might have noticed that my meal plans the last couple of weeks have included many soups...this wonderful machine makes soup so easy! And, allow me to tell you how easy it was to make a pie crust.

Flour, salt, butter, water/apple cider vinegar mix, and just a few pulses...my job was done! Gone are the days of using my hands to mix gooey, sticky, messy dough. My rings, finger nails, and clothes stayed so clean...seriously, I am in love.
This is the hand pie recipe from last week's meal plan, so versatile...so yummy! I stuffed the pie crust with ground turkey sauteed with onions and garlic, carrots, peas, thyme, and some cream...uumgh!

Here is the finished product...I usually serve it with sour cream and cranberry sauce, they compliment the savory flavors of the hand pie, and add a touch of creaminess!
I hope you will give this recipe a try, and if you have a food processor...you are in for a treat!
bon appetit!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Divine - I want one too... do you like that model? Is it big enough and powerful enough?

24 Corners said...

So happy for you!!! If anyone ever deserved or needed one of these it's you!
Pie sounds and looks yummy!
xo Jess