Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Setting the Tone...


I did a post a few days ago about my goals for 2011, and how I was hoping that these five words would help define my new year!

Silent, Still, See, Hear, Surrender

Then I saw Lisa Leonard's post about her amazing "New Word of The Year" necklaces. She asked her blog followers to choose ONE word to define how you want to live out your new year. One word, wow, but I chose five...what am I going to do now? Well I did some thinking about my words, and decided that if I had to choose one word which would encapsulate my thoughts, prayers, and ideas for 2011, it would be LISTEN. I want to listen for the Lord and his guidance in my year, I want to go where He takes me, and I am excited to see just how listening can affect my day to day activities, mentalities, and goals.


What is your word??

I want to challenge you to think about how you want to live this new year, think about one word that speaks to you, live with it this next year, and maybe, just maybe...follow where it leads you!
I would love to know what your word is, if you would like to share!

Lastly, here is a little encouragement for the winter blues! I know many of you struggle this time of the year to just get though each day! Here is some great news for you, did you know that orange oil is a natural anti-depressant? Orange oil will naturally help you to feel happy, optimistic, and excited for your day. The Sweet and Smooth is a fabulous way to wake up! Treat yourself to a morning scrub, and literally wash your blues away!

www.mysensaria.com/allnatural

2 comments:

Karena said...

Emily thanks for the tip on the Orange Oil.

My word for the year is adventure! To be brave and break out of the box, be more social and open!

Come and join my Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

24 Corners said...

I love, love, love the idea of a "word of the year" necklace...I'm not sure what mine is yet though...I should figure that out soon!

The orange oil scrub is the BEST!!!
xo J~