Friday, January 7, 2011

My Very First Award!

Melanie
thinks I am a Stylish Blogger!


I am totally honored and completely blown away! This is my first blogging award, and I can't wait to pass on the love!

Thank you Melanie, you too have a wonderful blog. If you haven't stopped by The Tiny Tudor, her posts are fun and insightful like; Won't You Be My Neighbor, or her Cool Front Door! She is a new blogger and it would be fun for her to get to know you better too! Stop by and say Hi!



Okay, 7 things to know about me...

1. I love Fall the most of all the seasons..., I was born in October, I love the colors and smells of Fall, and I met my sweet husband in the Fall.

2. Walking in the rain is so peaceful and best with a latte!

3. Iced tea is best served all year long and with LOTS of ice!!!

4. I love lemons! I love their color, smell, and taste. If Mr. Clean was a perfume I would wear it! I love looking at them and using them to completely transform the flavor in a recipe!

5. I love rainbows, I collect crystals from old chandeliers, and hang them in windows that get direct sunlight! They are cheery, and help to get through the grey days of Seattle.

6. I love to sing, I have been known to sing through most days, some silly songs with the kids, some praise songs, and others from my years of musicals and choirs!

7. I am passionate about my kids, they are a complete blessing, and I am honored to be their Mommy!

I would love to award the Stylish Blogger award to:

I love reading each of these blogs, they are some of my favorites! I hope you will stop by and say hello!

This is how this fun award works:1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.2. Share 7 things about yourself.3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Thanks again Melanie! This was fun!


9 comments:

24 Corners said...

Congratualtions!!! You have an amazing blog and I'm so happy you've won this!
As if we didn't already know you were the Fall Queen...actually...in my book, you're the "Queen of Quite A Lot", *so many* wonderful things!

A very big thank you for including me in your list...I'll be thinking!
Love you...
J~

Farmgirl Paints said...

So fun learning about you. It's a good thing you like taking walks in the rain;) And doesn't a latte make everything better?

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I will accept your award...I'd like to be a stylish blogger! I won't pass it on if that's okay. I think people would moan outloud if I made a list about myself. What more could they possibly learn about me:) Have great night.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Well aren't you a fun girl!? The fact that you love lemons... well, I think you know how I feel about that!! LOL

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in including me! Yay! I'll be a stylish blogger for the day!! LOL I generally don't pass these on because I feel like I blab about myself SO much that I never have very fun things to say when these things come around. You are completely precious, so thank you again.

Happy Weekend!

Helena, The Swenglish Home said...

Dear Emily,

Congratulations on your award and THANK YOU so much for thinking of me when choosing blogs to pass it on to! As some of the ladies above, I do not generally pass on awards, but perhaps one days I will try to find some "fun facts" to share about me... either way, I am very touched and honoured that you thought of me, so again: thank you so much!

Wishing you a lovely start to the new week and see you around in "blog land"...

All the best,
Helena

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

Thanks Emily! This was my first award too : ) I love your #5- what a great idea!

A Lasting First Impression said...

You ladies are the best, thanks for being a part of my blogging world, I am blessed by you!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it. I'm sorry it took so long to respond. I was gone all weekend. thank you for the kind compliment.

Shannan Martin said...

Hey, thanks, Lady! :) And I'm totally with you on the lemon thing. You might like an old scent I (still) wear. It's called Frolic by Origins. Pretty sure it's discontinued? But when we lived in DC we would carpool in to the city with another friend of ours and when I wore it, he would always say, "What smells like Lysol?" Grrrrr. Dumb boys. ;)

Ann said...

I am so sorry I missed this award from you... been away and a little absent from the blog thing lately - so a belated thank you and I WILL get around to it! A x