Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Facial Monday...on Tuesday!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Life seems to be flying for me right now! Summer is transforming into Fall so rapidly, schedules are changing, one last Summer trip is planned, and there is still soooo much to do before school starts!

That said, I still want to find the time to take care of me. I stand behind the premise that I am a happier Mommy when I take a few minutes to pamper myself, and this doesn't require a lot of money spent or time away from our home. I love the spa, but am so very thankful that I can bring the spa home too!

So, in addition to my Monday facial, I am going to take care of my feet too! Summer is wrapping up, and my flip-flop feet need my attention. Today, extra TLC for my feet will include:

  • First a long soak in a warm tub of water with an orange/vanilla aroma-therapy oil and a chick flick!
  • Then each square inch of my feet will be scrubbed with a peppermint and tea tree scrub to break down the callouses and clean out the pores, as well as relax and sooth the muscles!
  • A creamy and soothing peppermint mask is applied and allowed to soak in...this product leaves my feet feeling soft, smooth, and so relaxed! Oh I can't wait!
  • Each foot is then massaged with a peppermint and tea tree hydrating lotion, a very important step for happy feet!
The end result: my feet are clean, soft and invigorated, hydrated, a little bit tingly, and ready to be polished in a fun Fall color!

I can't think of a better way to enjoy a rainy Fall Seattle day!


The best view of all...Fall under its canopy of gold!

photos: Flip-flop-snake charmer, Fall leaves- Scandinavian Escape

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Ahhh that sounds heavenly.

Just wanted you to know that I love hearing from you. After reading your comments I always hit reply on my phone to respond right away...wish you had your email attached:)

A Lasting First Impression said...

It was heavenly...my feet feel amazing. Wish you could join me...spa time is always more fun with girlfirends! Thank you for your sweet words. I LOVE following your blog! Your words are so genuine, I love your joy and love of life... I have a feeling we would be great coffee friends if I lived in your neck of the world : )
I am not sure how to connect my e-mail, however you are not the first to suggest this. I will work on that! : )