Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Am Officially A Soccer Mom!

When I was pregnant and found out that I was having a boy, I was terrified. I thought surely God had made a huge mistake. I had one sister, loved to babysit but gravitated towards girls, and had fully prepared myself to be a mom of girls. So I prayed, pulled up my boot straps and started reading everything I could get my hands on that would give me the inside scoop on raising boys. After reading, I was even more terrified and so certain I wasn't ready to be a mom of a boy...let alone two!



Now, two boys later, I am a full blown mini-van driving, constant referee, wrestling coach, fort building expert, Lego architect, and most recently a super soccer mom!



Erik is my youngest and is turning 3 today!

He lives, eats, wears, sleeps, breaths, LOVES soccer! The first thing he does when he gets up in the morning is pull on ANY soccer clothes he can find, even if they had been thrown into the dirty basket from the day before! He runs around my house kicking a ball, he watches shows sitting on his soccer ball, an is constantly talking about being a soccer boy!




So it is only appropriate that for his third birthday we plan a soccer party! I am working hard to incorporate the theme into each element of the party. I have to say I am actually very excited about it! My house is decorated in green & yellow...our team colors, and of course black and white. Our day will consist of 30 of our favorite people in fun soccer clothes, a relay, soccer bowling, soccer pizza, melon ball salad, long kick chips, and go-go juice. Of course there will be cake, a yellow and green jersey, candles, and ice cream! I can't believe that my little munchkin is going to be three.




It is official, as of today I am a real soccer mom. My journey as a mom of two boys continues, and Erik is counting the days until we enroll him in a soccer team! This is a day I know that will come all too soon! My plan, enjoy each moment today, tomorrow, and the next! My life with boys will always be exciting, but it is the life God planned for me, and I love it!

I even love being a soccer mom!






All photos: Property of A Lasting First Impression

2 comments:

24 Corners said...

Happy Birthday Erik!!! We can't wait to celebrate your soccer b-day with you!!!

Em...you are an amazing Mom...whether it's a soccer one, a train conductor one...or a dinosaur one! No matter which Mommy hat you have to wear, you do it with so much care and attention...your boys are blessed to have *you* raising them!

Love you...
J~

btw- where on earth did you find the time to write this? ;)
J~

Ann said...

So cute!! I too am a soccer mom but actually here a soccer mum. And one who wears gumboots (what are they called in the states???) as it is so muddy and wet at the games! Soccer is finishing for us this week and then I become the cricket mum - as well as cricket widow - my husband loves watching test match cricket - I won't even start explaining cricket but I am safe to say you probably won't be a cricketmom!!!