Friday, October 1, 2010

My Fall Road

Today started out as just another ordinary day; coffee, breakfast, shopping list compiled, everyone dressed and out the door. But then ordinary turned magnificent...
Our weekly trip the grocery store was decorated by falling gold, piles of gold, swishing and whooshing gold moved by our presence on the road. It was like driving through a Fall heaven, and my thoughts turned to how blessed and grateful I am for my life.

My boys ooh-ed and aah-ed in the back seat about Fall's glorious gifts, and I, lost in the amber haze, thanked God for those boys, my incredible husband, and our life together!


I am so blessed to be their mom! They are the sparkle in my day, they are the laugh lines forming by my eyes, they are my daily thoughts and my dreams for our future, they remind me how good and sovereign God is, and their love...their rough and tumble boy love, is everything I ever have wanted!
My husband is strong and focused. He isn't just the head of our house, he is the eyes...to see where we are going, he is the muscles...to hold, hug, and lift in moments of sadness and joy, he is the legs...to move us forward and along side God, he is the mouth...slow and comforting, and along with my sensitive and gentle heart & hands we make a pretty great team! I am so thankful for him!

Our life may not be perfect, we always are dreaming of and working for our future, and there is always room for God to work, but today we are going to enjoy and be thankful for this moment...where we are today! I want to enjoy this amber, hazy, Fall moment. I am blessed!

Pictures: Rob Eastman-Falling Leaves, Boys-A Lasting First Impression, Road-Nikko, Japan Yahoo.

5 comments:

24 Corners said...

You got it!!! ;)

Love love love that picture...it captures J & E's personalities perfectly! The images are so pretty too...I bet we can find roads that look like that around here somewhere! xoxo

Shannan Martin said...

I love those moments where the truth of it all sinks in so deeply - We are blessed.

Mommy Emily said...

wow, friend... i love your place here. and you brought tears tonight, saying you'd prayed for me... i am blown away. (thank you)... you humble me... and how God has blessed you, with these beautiful boys and husband. i'm looking forward to getting to know you, sister. thank you again. peace to you, e.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Don't you love those ordinary-turned-extraordinary moments? Beautiful writing here. Coming over from your comment at In the Hush of the Moon. Lovely to meet you!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Those boys are beautiful. Thank you for such a sweet post.