Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Changing My Perspective


This morning started off on the wrong foot!
Overslept on a preschool morning, two boys to get out the door!
Positive interaction with my Hubs, none,...all my fault.
Interaction with my sweet boys...nag, nag, nag...yell, and nag some more! ( I am not one who yells, and this always catches me off guard and breaks my heart!)
Burned the toast
Over cooked the eggs
Breakfast refused to be eaten, sad.
Spilled the hot, fresh coffee, down my clean front
Broken shoe lace on a NEW toddler shoe
Make-up on, but in the car...
Arrived at school late
Missed counting school buses, our favorite morning ritual
Remembered show and tell, forgot that my little buddy needed a lunch for school...
Turn back around
Make lunch
New cup of coffee
PAUSE!
Breath....
Ever have a morning like this?
I know I can't be the only mom who starts her day off like this every now and then. Life has been so stressful lately, and I feel my interactions with life are falling into this frazzled state more than I would like!

MY CHOICE...take a walk, clear my head, and change my perspective!

Here is what I found...

Beauty found in what might be an annoyance, today...I choose to be simply amazed!

Fall and Summer intermix, leaving me feeling a strange sense of calm!



God's glorious Fall painting, amazing how every Fall color can be represented on one tree!
Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Math 6:34
The God to cares enough to feed the birds of the air, and color the trees with every Fall color, knows my needs, and He will provide if I will only seek Him first!
Breathtaking...
Sunny lunch in the park with a little boy who, despite all of his Mama's nagging this morning, still smiles and enjoys his one-on-one time! Praise God for children who forgive and forget so easily!
Now
Refreshed & encouraged that God is in control, ever faithful, and will paint my life even more beautifully than the Fall trees if I let him!
Praying that as I move into my evening, I will remember lessons learned today, and keep my calm, peaceful, happy spirit!
What did you learn today?


All photos: Property of A Lasting First Impression

10 comments:

Ann said...

Oh I know those nag nag nag mornings! How right you are to go and clear you're head - I am going to try and remember the same.... beautiful pictures - just as we are starting to enjoy spring! A x

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

beautiful! i love this.

xoxo

Karen said...

Thanks for bearing your heart and being so transparent. But, so precious that you ended it well! Have you heard the song "Paint your Picture" by Julie Meyer? Your post about the colors reminded me of this. This has become one of my favorite songs!
IN HIM,
Karen

24 Corners said...

Can you imagine how those mama spiders would feel if they let their young ones hatch right there in their beautiful, perfectly spun web?? No daddy around (she ate him), and 1000 babies to feed (which means hunt), get off the web and somehow get to spider school...no wonder they just plant their eggs on the side of a house and call it a day! ;) (BIG WINK)

Glad your day got better...had no idea you were so frazzly when we were chatting. Hope this morning was much calmer too!
xo J~

Anonymous said...

yes! kids are so quick to forgive. We've all had those crazy mornings. Glad yours ended so much better!

A Room For Everyone said...

Oh dear, what an awful morning! I know exactly how you feel. It breaks my heart too when I shout, I don't do it often but when I do I HATE it! I think something I thought of today that I've learnt along the way is hard work always leads to something good! Rachaelxx

Maggie May said...

what a sweet faced little guy you have! good turn around :)

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, do I ever know "those" days. Yours morning truly does sound like it was a rough one! So glad He turned it all around. That web is magnificent. We are blessed!

Unknown said...

I am having one of those days, and this post has helped me refocus.
Breathtaking indeed!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Amazing how God can use a walk to change our perspective. So glad it helped yours. Beautiful spider web pics. Aren't they amazing artists?!