Friday, September 16, 2011

The Turning of Seasons




Hello Friends,
Life has taken us on quite a journey during the last 18 months. I wanted to fill in the blanks, give glory where glory is due, and turn the page with the turning of the seasons!

I am so thankful to be standing where I am today. The Lord was ever faithful, He loving provided strength for me daily, and He continues to show that his blessings and mercy are new every morning!

About 18 months ago, my husband's family company began to show stress from the declining economy. We found ourselves facing unsteady income and the fact that a job loss was emanate. We began to look for other work, along with many others across the country, and were faced with the reality that this was going to be a long process. Life, daily, became a game of survival and an ultimate test of faith; in our Provider, our marriage, our communication skills, our ability to persevere while under extreme stress...all the while attempting to keep our home peaceful and steady for our boys!

For me, I was stretched to renew my faith in the Lord, to daily ground myself in His word. I loved seeing scripture around my house, feeling His love through the form of music, and I learned to listen to the silence where I found great insight. I found out that I am actually stronger than I gave myself credit for and learned again how to use the gifts He had placed in me to support my husband through a very challenging time.

I was given the ability to see my husband, for the first time, through His eyes. He created a man with great strength, wisdom, determination, loyalty, perseverance, a servant, and a loving provider. I gained respect for the man He created him to be, and learned that I could trust in Him/him to provide for our family. Our days together weren't always easy, our communication was tested, and we daily struggled to gain some sense of control. But ultimately we found strength in each other, and daily placed our burdens at the feet of Jesus...together!

By April, we officially had no solid income, all our resources had been drained, and we faced the ending of a rental contract before us. As I began to pack our house and transition our boys into the Summer, I had to remind myself not to panic. The Lord remained so faithful, He provided small side jobs, monitory gifts from loved ones and strangers alike...just when we needed them the most, and our daily bread from unexpected, but loving sources. I have never experienced love and generosity from a community, a church family, and loved ones like we did during this time...WE WERE SO BLESSED! Our thanks will never feel like enough for the burden they helped us carry!


The middle of June rolled around and I, on wobbly feet, daily stood on the knowledge that the Lord would take care of my family. The house was packed, the boys were finishing up school, and the future was still unknown. Again, the Lord provided. A family from pre-school provided us with a place to stay during the month of July...A very cute, clean, happy one bedroom apartment on 10 acres complete with mules. I was speechless, and so thankful...my boys were thrilled! A week later my husband was called in for an interview. 4 interviews & 2weeks later he was OFFERED A JOB!!! We were thrilled, humbled yet again, and relieved! The week we moved out of our home, of four years, Glenn started his first week of work! The Lord is good, right?

We spent the Summer, officially "homeless," house hopping. We stayed on the farm for a month and a half...which was such a blessing, lived with my sister, and then my in-laws. We continued to look for a new house which would fulfill our streamed lined and practical list of requirements...this was no easy process. I had truthfully been looking for a new home since January and still hadn't found "the right one!" Our goal was to move into a new situation on labor day weekend, one week before school started! After months of scouring Craigslist, and one week before our moving deadline, I found IT! The Lord yet again, came riding in on His white horse and saved the day! Not only did we find a great house that met our conservative requirements, we found one that exceeded all of our expectations! The Lord totally blessed us!

On labor day weekend, my completely amazing sister, her family, their dog, and their camper parked in our new yard! They spent the weekend helping us schlep boxes, sort and organize, problem solve, and begin the process of restoration of our hearts and our home. I am not sure what I would have done without her that weekend, but I am so thankful she was here. Her act of love and service was a complete blessing and she really did help make my house feel like our NEW HOME! A transformation began through the moving process, we had come full circle, we had remained faithful, and the Lord really did have us in the palm of His hand.

Life has begun to resume a "new" normal. Daddy has a new job with different hours, my oldest son is in Kindergarten, my youngest is in Pre-K..., and I am trying to keep track of them all! No complaints from me though...I am thankful for our steady, crazy, new, and blessed life! I am looking forward to the upcoming year, and plan on writing one heck of a Christmas letter proclaiming all that we have to be thankful for this last year!




Thank you for standing by me, your kind words of encouragement, and prayers. We are so very thankful for where we are standing today, and so happy to be moving forward!
Emily

3 comments:

24 Corners said...

You're back!!! So happy for the way all has turned out. Way to stay strong and keep the faith...He is always there, in the valleys as well as the peaks, it's just darker in the valleys...but you kept your eyes on the light, and now you're climning out of that valley...into a very special, new place (with an amazing porch!)!
Big hugs...
xo J~

Unknown said...

wow. i'm so glad you shared. It's great to hear about how amazing God is. you've encouraged me!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Thank you Jess for your support over the last 18 months, you are so special to me.
I hope the journey we have been on will not only encourage us to keep our eyes on the Lord, but others too. So glad you found some encouragement O.L.F., I can finally return the favor! ; )
Have a great day both of you!!