Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Progress Report!

Time For A Progress Report!
Many of you know that after the holidays I began a weight loss journey. I am not calling it a diet or simply exercising, because it had to be a major shift in my outlook on life. Since college, I haven't been physically active, and I have had two babies! I finally reached a point when I wasn't happy with what I saw in the mirror, I was struggling with self esteem issues, my skin wasn't looking all that great, and the everyday tasks were way too difficult.
Time for major changes!

I wanted the changes to be more than just a new years resolution, so I started slow, and with attainable goals!
I joined a Jazzercise gym, twice a week to begin with. Diet was about the same with a few minor changes...lots more water, & the obvious of limited grains, no processed food, and limited sugar!
I have successfully finished two months of life with a new outlook!
I can tell you that getting healthy and loosing weight doesn't always feel good, & it isn't always easy...sometimes very inconvenient! However, the results are showing and I am so glad I have made the changes.



The goal was to loose 50 lbs!
So far, I have lost 9, gained 9 back, and now lost 12. I am not sure what the deal was with gaining the weight back, but I am glad to see it go for good.
I have also lost inches! This most exciting observation happened other day while I was blow drying my hair. I like to flip my head over, and blow dry the underside of my hair first. While I was hanging upside down, I noticed I could see light between my thighs. WOOO HOOO! My thighs officially do not touch anymore while I am standing! I have also lost 1 1/2" from my waist and 2 " from the buttocks area!
I am finally beginning to look and feel better!
My journey is far from over, I still have 38 pounds to loose. This is a process I am looking forward to, I am loving Jazzercise. It is fun, fast paced, and I am loving that each part of my body gets worked out each session. I am up-ing my workouts to three times a week. I am hoping the increased exercise will help me to loose the weight faster, become stronger, and I will enjoy the increased energy.
I have noticed that I am a happier, more energized Mommy now that I am exercising and doing something for ME! I really, truly, believe that the time away from my other responsibilities, spent on me, is vital to my health, happiness, and general outlook on life. I am so much for thankful for my kids when I come home from the gym. The time away is refreshing, and I feel refocused and renewed after working out.
If you don't take time away from your life for just YOU, I would highly recommend adding it in!
I promise your family will be just fine without you for an hour or so, and I guarantee you will feel so much lighter and refreshed when you return. A healthy YOU first, husband/family second! You are worth it, do something nice for you!

I will keep you posted on my progress throughout this journey. I am already successful, and I am excited to continue seeing the changes!
How are you doing on your new year's resolutions?

1 comment:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful. It sounds like you are succeeding because you have set realist goals.