Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More Than Just The Weather!

We just came back from another wonderful trip
HOME!

My wonderful mountains!

The last two weeks have been very difficult for me. The grey cloudy weather has had me especially down, life has been stressful and heavy with fear, worry, and doubt, and my strength to hold everything together was disappearing. (God is ever faithful, visit my "Listening to the Silence tab for a peek into His graciousness.) So, a trip home was such a blessing!

Several things happen for me when I go home; I get loved on like no where else in this world, my kids are loved on, I get to down shift, & lots of coffee is consumed leisurely. We sit and talk...about anything and everything, we eat good food, God's creative beauty abounds and we get to enjoy it, and I get to soak in all the lovely SUNSHINE!!!
This trip was no exception.
Sunshine abounded, physically and metaphorically! The warmth of golden rays were first felt as we began our climb up the mountain and out of the rain. I could literally feel the tension and stress slowly begin lifting from my shoulders. The sunshine continued to bust through my grey as our time with my parents was filled with laughter, friends, a birthday party, and so many fun experiences for my boys!
I love being home!
I am blessed beyond all measure, and so very thankful I have a place to retreat which is filled with warmth and love! My heart was repaired, my strength was renewed, and I even came home with a special gift which will continue to bring sunshine into my home on even the greyest of Seattle days!


My dad is an amazing artist, I hope you noticed my special lemon painting on the last post!
I love the bright, sunny feeling it has brought into my kitchen. Every time I look at it, I smile. Now that is a great piece of artwork! : ) This new painting is of birch trees in the fall with sunshine streaming through the branches and tree line. It is happy, sunny, colorful, and exhibits so many things that I love about home and my family! I love having my Dad's artwork in my home, and I am thankful for the gift of sunshine!

I am thankful that sunshine comes in many forms! Not just the physical rays from the sky, but in the unconditional love of my parents, the familiar sights, sounds, and smells of home, the hugs and laughter shared with friends, and a sunny painting from my Dad.
Life is just so much better today!

Don't forget that I am gifting YOU with a little sunshine this week!! Enter the giveaway and get a sunshine package complete with orange body scrub and sunny summer fun! Become a follower, leave a comment on the giveaway post, and share the love to be entered another time!! Winner will be announced Friday!
Hope YOU win!

So, what is bringing sunshine into your world today? I would love to know!

www.mysensaria.com/allnatural

pictures: guide book America,break magazine,& Sensaria.

1 comment:

24 Corners said...

So glad you had a wonderful time with your folks and got covered in love...such a blessing!
xo J~