Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Juice With Your Coffee?


"Hello Dear Void",
The sun has popped its sunny little face out again today, it is beautiful, crisp, the snow covered mountains are stunning, and yet I still feel like I am in such a FOG!

The "bubonic plague" hit our house about two and half weeks ago... it has transferred from one member of the family to another, and back again! I wonder, now, what this says about my house cleaning abilities...hummm.
I have spent days, and many sleepless nights tending to sick kids; wiping noses, washing sheets and lovies, distributing cough syrups and homeopathics, changing water in humidifiers, and attempting to NOT loose my sanity.
The boys are on the mend, thank goodness, but now the plague has caught up with me! I feel terrible, but as most moms know...the world does not stop spinning just because we are sick. I keep putting one foot in front of the other, hoping I will make sense, and praying I will make it to the end of the day.



Highlights of My Current State of Affairs

*I have gotten a LOT of house cleaning done in the last two weeks while sitting at home with kids.
*Loosing sleep due to my lack of oxygen..., not because anyone else is needing me at the moment, is a major bummer.
*Lots of snuggles, a definite plus!
*Did you know, you can actually fall asleep sitting up? I was waiting for the repair man, watching a little Dora with my three year old...not sure what happened...
*I actually put juice in my coffee this morning instead of cream...sad!
*Sweat was not the only thing dripping off my face at Jazzercise...gross, on the flip side...exercise really did help to clear the fog a bit! Felt good to move!
*Yesterday and today were P.J days at pre-school for the boys, I actually considered dropping off in my P.J's...just to be festive! Instead I put on cute clothes, washed my face, put on make-up, took some Tylenol cold medicine, and made a long overdue coffee date with my friend!

So while I am waiting for the fog to clear, I would like to leave you with a song, that I have been humming all day. Maybe it will be encouraging for you today, and know that if you find yourself in some kind of a fog, or crazy blizzard, there is hope for tomorrow.
God is faithful and his mercies are new every morning!
Thank goodness!



Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness!


5 comments:

24 Corners said...

So sorry the boys little germies decided to hang out with you too...we were spared (so far) thank you very much, don't know how that happened. But a big bravo to you for working out while feeling so yucky, major applause!!!

Hope you're all feeling better soon!! xo J~

Mommy Emily said...

oh friend... i pray healing in your household, and patience for you, sweet mama. thank you for asking about my mama (what a big heart you have)... she is on the mend. :) love to you, e.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Oh winter is such a hard time for illness and little kids -- we are constantly under the barrage of sickness around here. I sure hope you are feeling better -- I'm impressed that you are still jazzercising while sick! You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all completely healthy soon! And GROSS! juice in your coffee??? yucky. Funny though. Just shows how tired you are poor thing.

Heather said...

Praying for you today - that God would continue to give the strength required - the mommy of two little fellas and a beloved wife - continue to be brave in the Arms of The Almighty!