Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Big Reveal...

My house has been covered in pine needles & wreath supplies for weeks now. My fingers are suffering from numerous hot glue burns and floral wire cuts. It has become normal for our socks to track flocking and glitter into every nook and cranny!

AND I LOVE IT!

Oh, I am so excited, I love this time of the year, and the mess is all worth it!
It is officially December 1st, I have only been preparing for this day since August 1st, we can officially let the Christmas decorating begin!

One wreath in particular has been consuming my brain space & my dining room table for the last week or so. I promised I would reveal which blogging friend was receiving this special wreath sooo, here are a few picture clues...



Yesterday, on a very rainy Seattle day, I had the privilege of meeting a sweet ray of sunshine!
Are you ready to finally meet our mystery wreath lovin blogger???

The wreath...finished, delivered, and now is being loved by one Melaine Thompson of My Sweet Savannah! Yes, I know, I was thrilled and honored to create a fresh, unique, and simply lovely wreath for Melaine. I am still in bloggy "star" shell shock! She was such a joy to work with, I love her bubbly spirit, and she is every bit as sweet as you might imagine!


One of the highlights of working with Melaine was delivering the wreath to her cozy, inviting, fabulous lake side home! We have all seen pictures of her home scattered throughout blog posts, so getting to see all the pictures come together was so fun! She is so talented and her home reflects that as you can see from the pictures above!

Melaine wanted a clean twist on the classic holiday wreath! I loved her inspiration picture, and was challenged by the pure simplicity of the design. My creativity began flowing, particularly at 2:00 AM.., and a new wreath was born! Supplies gathered, I set off to create a purely simple and lovely wreath for the understated holiday decorator. Here is the progression of the creation of this special wreath...


Wreath with first layers of greens, and the beginning of setting the decorations into place...


Second, third, and fourth layers of greens/berries added...and a few lemons!



Hanging and tweaking...

An up close shot of our friendly visitor...



The wreath in it's new home!


So what do you think?

Doesn't this wreath suit Melaine with My Sweet Savannah?

www.premiumwreathdesign.vpweb.com

photos: My Sweet Savannah, Premium Wreath Design

9 comments:

Ann said...

It's beautiful - I love the lemons... how would it do in the post to Auckland?! The quarantine men would have a fit! Ann x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your kitchen too and all the great graphics you have on the walls and doors.

24 Corners said...

It came out beautiful Em...I love it!!! And I loved seeing how happy and 'shell shockey' you were after the delivery...you so deserved that!
It was fun seeing how you put it all together...William Sonoma might be calling soon...be ready!

Congratulations, this is so special! xoxo J~

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is gorgeous!! Simply stunning!
XO
Kristin

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Emily, it's my first time over here. Your wreath is just beautiful. Funny how 2 AM can be such a productive time!! just joined as a follower, come for a visit when you can.
hugs,
Debra

Debbiedoos said...

WOW it is awesome! I can see why you had all those burns and cuts, and tired eyes! It really is stunning. I came over from Kristines party, I am following now. Would love for you to pop over sometime. Although, I am embarrassed for you to see my cheapo target wreath after this one!

Unknown said...

sooooo cute. I love the artichokes!

Between You and Me said...

You did such a great job on the wreath for Melaine!

It is absolutely beautiful..love the clean and crisp look of it!

Hope you are having a great weekend....

A Room For Everyone said...

Well done, it's absolutely gorgeous! Rachaelxx